August 3, 2011
I just came across a reference to what has to be best title ever for a book about straight razors: Close Shaves: The Complete Book of Razor Fighting
"This is the only book ever written on the bloody art of razor fighting. More than 60 photographs demonstrate the easy-to-understand techniques.
- Carrying and Concealing Razors
- Fighting Grips
- Stance and Body Movement
- Vital Target Areas
- Basic Attacks
- How to Win a Razor Fight
It looks like there is only one single copy of this title for sale at Amazon, priced at $79.95. Don't everybody jump at once!
Read More in: Straight Razors
August 2, 2011
Here's your chance to catch up on anything we published here on Shaving Stuff in the month of July:
Blogs and Websites
Deals on Shaving Stuff
King of Shaves
Shaving Creams & Gels
Image: Smoobs at Flickr
Read More in: General News
August 1, 2011
Right now, you can pick up the Gillette Fusion Power Gamer Razor for just $7.05 (regularly listed at $18.73) at Amazon. That's a savings of 62%!
- Gillette Fusion Gamer and Gillette Fusion Power Gamer feature 5-blade Shaving Surface™ technology on the front of the shaving cartridge. The blades are spaced closer together to reduce pressure for a more comfortable shave than Mach3.
- Gillette Fusion Power Gamer features soothing micro-pulses that help reduce friction and increase razor glide versus Fusion Manual.
- A Precision Trimmer blade - a single blade built into the back of the cartridge - allows men to easily trim sideburns, shave under the nose and shape facial hair.
- Gillette Fusion Power, with Gillette's most advanced blade edge technology, delivers Gillette's smoothest blade edge coating, which translates into incredible glide and comfort.
- Fusion Power Gamer delivers soothing micro-pulses that help reduce friction and increase razor glide versus Fusion Manual. When the power turns on, the razor moves so effortlessly, you'll barely feel the blades.
- Fusion Power Gamer's handle features an on-board microchip that optimizes the razor's performance.
- Low-Battery Indicator Light signals when to change the AAA battery.
- Automatic Shut-off turns off the razor after about eight minutes in case of accidental activation.
- Fusion Gamer features a white, high gloss handle with bright blue accents. Fusion Power Gamer features a white, high gloss handle with steel blue accents to complement the power cartridge. The copper on/off button is flush with the razor handle to help prevent accidental activation or deactivation, and the Duracell AAA battery is easy to insert and replace. Both razors feature a metallic gunmetal gray elastomer, which surrounds the handles for a more secure grip and better control.
- The razors are shower-safe, allowing men to shave wherever they prefer.
- The Flexible Comfort Guard follows the contours of the face to help the 5-Blade Shaving Surface comfortably shave close.
- An Enhanced Indicator Lubrastrip fades from blue to white, signaling when shave conditions are no longer optimal.
Grab one now: Gillette Fusion Power Gamer, just $7.05
Read More in: Deals
July 29, 2011
File this under "Things I didn't know I didn't know."
"Today I found out why Amish men grow beards but not mustaches.
While mustaches are not allowed, beards are practically a requirement among the Amish due to beards being common among men in the Bible."
Find out more: Why Amish Men Grow Beards But Not Mustaches
Image: badoir at Flickr
Read More in: Blogs and Websites
July 28, 2011
From The Stir:
"Up until pornography and glossy magazines started waxing and shaving our men (and women of course), society seemed to like hair. But now, not so much. A poll showed that mature women prefer hairy men, but younger women like less hair. Do women under 45 like man hair too? I conducted my own informal survey to find out the buzz on his fuzz.
Check it out here: The One Neanderthal Quality We Actually Want Guys to Have
Image: marc falardeau at Flickr
Read More in: Manscaping
July 27, 2011
If you live in Utah and you're sporting some fine facial hair, then you may want to think about sending your pics in to the Standard-Examiner:
It's the time of year when we honor Utah's pioneer roots -- and if there's one thing our forefathers did well, it's facial hair. These men sported it all, from small soul patches and goatees to fluffy Santa beards.
We think modern Top of Utahns could give the old guys a run for their money -- so we want to see the best beards in Utah today.
Find out more: Send us your best facial hair photos
Read More in: Beards
July 25, 2011
If you're getting a little bored with your hairstyle and want a new look, or you're curious how you'd look with different style of facial hair, you're in luck. There's an app for that.
Hair & Beard 1.1 for iOS allows men to see how they would look with a different style of hair and/or beard.
Starting with a photo, either shot live or pre-existing, users can try out: more than 150 of the latest, professional hairstyles; 70+ beards, goatees, or moustaches; the bald or thinning look; and 53 different hair and facial color options.
Pick up Hair and Beard for just $0.99.
Read More in: General News
July 21, 2011
Dubbed the 'world's manliest shaving brand', The Bluebeards Revenge™ has added a luxury pre-shave oil, post shave balm, affordable shaving brush and a silver technology anti-perspirant deodorant to its range of quality skincare products. The firm has also launched a smaller version of its award winning and beard reducing shaving cream, promising every man "50 great shaves".
"Guaranteed to pamper with attitude, each product in the new range offers seriously great smelling and excellent performing formulations for real men, all packaged in not-so-serious fun and funky and eye-catching and unique packaging." - company spokesperson Nick Gibbens
Read More in: Shaving Creams & Gels
Last 100+ Entries
Complete list in the News Archives